We all know chocolate can be deadly to our pet, but do we know why? Or how much? Chocolate contains a compound called theobromine, a stimulant much like caffeine,which dogs are much more sensitive to than we are because they metabolize it much slower. When dogs ingest too much theobromine, they can become hyperactive, experience increased heart rate and, in severe cases, cause tremors and seizures. The amount of chocolate necessary to cause concern is based on three things; the type of chocolate (Dark chocolate is more potent), the amount consumed, and the size of the dog (Smaller dogs only have to consume a small amount for it to become toxic, whereas larger dogs have to consume more.) Always be mindful with chocolate around your dogs!!  ☢️ ☢️ ☢️